Sunday, December 19, 2010

School is Cool!

This Semester (Aug-Dec 2010) has been very difficult for me. I was over extended and over booked with church events, obligations to others and even family issues. I had to let go of organizations that I joined in the summer, postpone meetings, stop going to different activities and say the scary "NO" word. Not because I wanted to but only because I HAD to! The breaking point for me was the middle of the semester.

I took an exam that I know that I bombed. I handed in the exam and walked out in tears.  I started my car and drove off balling.... In the mist of my tears... I started singing "Just can't give up now, I've come to far from where I started from" This freaked me out because I was like where did that come from... I continued to sing this song all the way home. I couldn't believe in the mist of my turmoil God wanted to comfort me. Nonetheless, I determined in my heart that I would withdraw from the course. I refused to fail and get kicked out of the program. I even shared this info with the female bible study that I am apart of as well.

When I went to class the next week my professor "chewed us out"! Apparently 5 students failed the test miserably. She went on to say that she refuses to sign off on Master's Degree for students who were not willing to apply themselves. I took what she said to heart and met w/ her ready with my withdraw form fully filled out. I just needed her signature to complete the process. I told her that I wanted to withdraw from the class  and she said : "You are avoiding the issue, you have grown in the past 2 years in the program, and  you have come to far too give up now. Can you believe it? She said the same words as the song I was singing in the mist of my tears. She continued to tell me that she will not fail a student who applied themselves and that this program is my full time job.

So that was confirmation for me to stay in the class. I was nervous but I stayed in the course. After that meeting I completely cut back on my over booked schedule. I had to weigh my options as well. It was so difficult for me. I went through withdrawal symptoms. Every time there was an event I couldn't go it hurt. I wanted to support others, be in the now and have fun! I couldn't.... Study? are you serious.? I was so used to doing the bare minimum. Now I really had to work... here goes nothing!

After I turned in each paper assignment my grades were exceptional. 39 out of 40 points, 49 out of 50 points and even 50 out of 50 points. I was so excited! My professor even sent other students to look at my paper as there example. I was in shock. I couldn't believe it because my 1st semester in grad school a professor told me my writing was not on the graduated level. Now a professor was sending students to me.... WOW God is Awesome. I'm glad I stayed in the course to see this change of events.

My final exam grade was 89 out of 100 points and my final paper grade was 148 grades out of 150.
Praise God! How awesome is He! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin