Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My psalm to you


You see me… no matter how insignificant I may feel. U feel me from the depths of my soul. U hear me when I am in the darkest of inner turmoil. From within you comfort me when my mind is breaking away from reality. U sustain me when mediocrity feels good and the fear of being the best keeps me smothered. I scream at the top of my lungs let me out I can’t breathe… I suffocate in my own attempts to control my destiny as I breathe my last breathe I look to the hills from which cometh my help and I hear a faint whisper that says let go… Let go… let go… as I die to the flesh I live in Him… Only to get back what was stolen from me… my life the original plan for me and I thank you for the detour because without it I would not have discovered the Great king that I am so fond of. I thank you once more.

Then I get to know your passionate nature it’s clear why you don’t want my attention else where… your so great. When I think of you I smile within. Discovering who I am day by day excites me, only because I am created in your image. When I look in the mirror I am beginning to like what I see because the essence of beauty comes from a soul that is intertwined with the king of all kings. I learned something profound the other day. “Love is never afraid of giving too much.” For a while I was afraid of loving you totally because I didn’t know how you would treat me. I mean relating You the Infinite to Man the finite and how they treated me… I had to say wait you loved me enough to die for me and I can’t even let go and submit to the lover of my soul… I long to be near you ever second of every day… all you want to do is perfect me.

You created me so you know the great potential I have. You know what? a part of me doesn’t want to reach my potential. It’s easy being comfortable and safe… the more I want to stay safe the more you call me out and you are such a gentleman that you don’t force me. I went to sleep and I heard you whisper… do not neglect the Lord thy God. In that I woke up like wow! U care if I don’t speak to you or don’t read my word… I know that’s kinda weird of me….. Sometimes I like the assurance that your looking down saying Vicky talk to me! AHHH U rock! I’m not David but here is my psalm to you!

Show me how to love agape style. Teach me how to manage myself…. Help me so I don’t carry my own burdens because you said cast my care upon you. I feel like my heart is crying out..it’s saying finally someone who understands me…I am complex and you get that. Sometimes I don’t Understand myself. Help me to break free and be an individual. I am Single, Saved and Satisfied lol. I need you to make me content in all situations. When I get overwhelmed with my daily tasks remind me to give my cares to you for you care for me. Help me to apply what I learn so that I can practice what I teach… Can’t have the blind leading the blind, we’ll bump into a wall or something… Oh yeah show me to break religious, legalistic views… you know lists of how it should be and it never works that way (Do not judge lest ye be judged). I know you love because you gave me another chance.

Your princess V.

2 comments:

  1. princess V,
    This is what the Lord loves. Open minded, open heart conversation. Would you allow me to re-post this (My Psalm to you) at PowerUpLove.org?

    If so, contact PowerUpLove@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Late but...Of course you can repost this! Thank you very much. I appreciate it. 80)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin