Saturday, July 18, 2009

Shaping of Character

While Glancing at Proverbs 31, my study notes said something profound. Notice that not once did the writer mention anything about how The proverbs 31 woman looked like. Her attraction factor came from the fact that she had noble Character. Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be prasied (Provebs 31:30). Character is who you are when no one is lookin. I notice as I get closer to God. He is forming me to be like Him it feels like an excorist experience but through it all I will trust Him. At a point I didn't like myself much because the more I read the word, the more I saw I couldn't measure up to the standards. What I failed to understand was a faint whisper that echoed in my heart: " Your flaws make you unique not unworthy!" When I feel like screaming about what I am not... I can look at who He is and know that my worth comes from God, My Father who gave His son for me and you. He doesn't just love us but is in love with us, intimately, passionately and even has the hairs on our head numbered. What an awesome God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin